Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wed-da-ning

Well I haven't updated this thing in quite sometime so I thought I would post a few pics from the last wedding I shot. The location for this wedding was the Notre Dame catholic church up in Denver. I got there early to find that the church was actually part of a catholic school which I thought was sorta neat but left very little to work with as far as exterior shots. When I got inside I found that the sanctuary, even when fully lit, was still extremely dark. As far as lighting this was pretty interesting, during the ceremony the best I could do other than simply blasting the happy couple with direct on camera flash was to bounce it off the dark wood ceiling...hmm...anyway. Here are a few of the shots from the wedding.


This is a shot of the bride just minutes before the ceremony was about to take place. Since there were no windows .... really anywhere in the building where the ceremony was taking place I took the bride up to the loft where there was window into the atrium. Luckily there was a skylight in the atrium thus creading a nice soft light source for our lovely bride.


A portrait of the lovely couple as the groom kissed his bride to be on the forehead. for the strobist out there this was lit with a 430ex with a shoot through umbrella camera left.

As mentioned before the wedding took place at the Notre Dame catholic church in Denver. There were pretty much two decent locations for exterior shots of the party, a small bench and this large oak tree. When I first arrived the grass was covered with beautiful leaves that had freshly fallen from the tree above, I was so excited to use them in the shots. By the time the party had gotten there and I was taking them to the tree, the maintanence crew had raked up all the leaves...my fault for not telling them not to clean up the leaves but still a bummer.


The brides dress was, as always, beautiful. As I am a fan of hands as the subject of pictures, I liked this shot as the groom was holding his bride. Somehow making this a high key shot just seemed right, the shadows of the dress showed nice subtle details as the heavier shadows of the hands draw focus to the physical guesture taking place.


Above are two shots from reception. The top photo is obviously the bride just before she released her bouquet in the toss. The second photo is just after the broom released the guarder belt, its sorta hard to see but if you follow his pointing finger just a bit to the upper left you can see the flung belt in mid flight.

As always weddings are fun and sometimes challenging, all in all I would say it was a great day and wish the best of luck to the happy couple, congratulations once again you guys im sure you both will lead a long happy life together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment